Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Collaborative Painting

Good afternoon Collaborateurs;

I would like to attempt an internet-based collaborative painting session as my "performance" on December 18th's Internet2 session.

I have posted a short film I recently made of a friend of mine's art installation in Brooklyn:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjpe_B63L8s

or..to make your life a little quicker:




The above installation inspired me to find an online application, (free-of-charge) that would allow a shared Whiteboard in addition to a chat feature. iChat has a feature that would allow me to share a file, but it's limited to One Buddy at a time.

I have created an account at jabber.org, and downloaded a cross-platform client (Coccinella) which has the ability to launch a Chatroom and a shared Whiteboard.
I would like to try this application with others in the collaborative class. Will you join me in this endeavor?

If so..(and I hope so...really want to see if this works!) Please do the following:

Go to Jabber and create an account for yourself:
http://register.jabber.org
Once you've got an account, please download the Coccinella Client:
http://thecoccinella.org
This software is available for multiple operating systems....

__________
Configuring Coccinella:
Launch the Coccinella application you've downloaded.
Click FILE - Setup Assistant. Follow the steps, choosing "Jabber" as your server.
On the login screen, enter the username and password you used to set up your Jabber account.
My account is named "JoEllen".

Please send me your contact user ID from Jabber so I'll be able to invite you to an interactive drawing session.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment